A defibrillator has been installed outside the Premier Shop in Loch Street, Whitehills thanks to Billy Gatt’s consent. Those who could, got together for an official photo on 28 February which was in the Banffshire Journal. The defibrillator has been registered. A ‘Help save a life’ training and awareness evening was organised by Nicola Gatt and held in St Brandon’s one Friday evening. It was well attended and an excellent presentation was made by the Scottish Ambulance Service. Five people opted to do training to be ‘first responders’ in the village. More volunteers are welcome. Spare pads are needed and a mask. Fundraising will be done from time to time to maintain the defibrillator and accessories. The defibrillator can be removed and taken to where needed in emergency. The emergency phone number and easy-to-follow instructions are on the box.