Whitehills Marina is an award-winning village owned marina on the Moray Firth coast of North-East Scotland. It has great facilities for visiting sailors in a beautiful part of the country. The ideal location presents the opportunity for a one day’s sail to Inverness, Peterhead or Wick.
Whitehills Harbour Trust was incorporated by an Act of Parliament in 1895, established to build and manage the Harbour. Since the Harbour was completed in 1900 it has been owned by the villagers and managed by a board of elected Commissioners.
Whitehills was a highly successful commercial fishing port until the late 1990s when changes in the industry caused a substantial drop in income. Responsibility for the Harbour still lies with Whitehills Harbour Trust and in 1999, the Commissioners voted to develop it as a leisure marina.
Today, the harbour welcomes guests from all over the world, as well as catering to permanent berth holders. It is a member of the Gold Anchor scheme, and customer feedback consistently praises the harbour master, commissioners and villagers of Whitehills for being friendly and helpful at all times. Whitehills Regatta, usually held in August each year, is a high point for the harbour and has become a must-do event for the yachting community of the Moray Coast.